We learned today what was all going to be put into our huge portfolios that we have to do for our internship here. I have to do a homework thing for this portfolio every week or something that like. Not a big deal to me yet…lets hope that I stay on top of things so that it doesn’t become stressful.
I also learned today that when I was getting ready to come out here I was scared that I wasn’t prepared for the world out here from my knowledge from when I was here in January. I have come to realize that I am 5 steps ahead of people when it comes to metro rides and directions, you know sun setting in the west and that stuff. Ahh what the farm life teaches you right. It is kind of nice to have people know that you understand the lay of the land and they ask you how to get around and I can actually point most in the right direction…woohoo.
After my day of orientation it was a me and mom kind of night. We met up with our friends Susan and Dave Stawick. They are the amazing people that housed us the first night that we were out here so we wouldn’t have to get a hotel room. They have the cutest cats but that is beside the point. They invited us to the Nationals Baseball game tonight and it was AMAZING. There are only going to be 15 more games played there before they tear it down and rebuild it. I was seriously directly across from the first base line 12 rows up. How amazing is that. There were 2 balls that came somewhat our way. One hit a lady in the head and another they caught right away. Then I came within finger tips of a t-shirt. Also mom and I did the twist and got on TV. I am the one dancing in her Yankees jersey at the Nationals vs. Giants game. Speaking of Giants…I got a picture of Barry Bonds for those who care. He didn’t play the game but he showed his face for about 20 mins I took lots of pictures and for those of you that have facebook I will get them posted on there as soon as I can. To all others…I will figure something out if there is an outcry to see the pictures.
Tomorrow mom and I are going to do site seeing just the two of us all day as our last day together L she doesn’t know it yet but I am not letting her leave. Sunday is going to be a way hard day for me but I will make it. Until tomorrow..Peace Out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment