Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yesterdays and Todays …Last day with Mom

This day started rather relaxed. We went out and decided to see what was at some of the stops around us so that I would know my way around better. We found an Old Navy and a Target that are 6 blocks from the metro stop. Not a bad walk now because it is warm but I am sure it won’t be fun when it is cold out. I told my two roomies from Puerto Rico that they are going to freeze up here and one tried on my spring jacket and was like this is warm enough?? I was like for October MAYBE..lol. The gasped…so we will see what happens.

After we did our shopping we came back to the place for a bit and talked to the roomies until we were off again. We went to the Reagan Center to eat and mom did some shopping. During this time my friend who is in Iraq (George) called and said he might be able to come home in May. So that is exciting since it wasn’t going to be until next December before. After this we went to the Mall and mom did some souvenir shopping for the family and we watched a guy almost get arrested while we rested our feet again.

After this we went to Metro Center and we tried shopping in the Macy’s and this is the only place I have seen the rain boots that I want for $60 and I don’t want to buy them for that so we will keep looking. Then I found a suit that was $380 and decided it was time to leave. And we walked out right into the purse sails mens corner. :D yay I only got a little party purse that only fits my id and some cash. It is way cute though.

Oh I also forgot to say I am way excited because I am an adult now…I have a briefcase to carry my stuff in. I feel old now and sophisticated or something. It is really cool though :D.

Then after all of this we wanted to take my two Puerto Rican roomies out to eat because we took Lena out to eat before so we wanted to meet them in Chinatown at Hard Rock. The train got held up about 30 mins and they ended up being behind from that. Then when they got to China town a police officer sent them in the wrong direction so they got lost. I was doing to mom thing and getting scared because they were alone in the dark and that can be scary. But they found their way. It was a great day and night!

Sunday Morning

Today was the day that I had to drop mom off at the air port. I am not and was not too happy about her having to go back. It is hard to be out here alone because I am so used to having my family right there in driving distance. Our friend Susan drove us to the airport which was amazing because then on the way back into town I had someone to talk to and keep my mind off of mom leaving. She took me to the farmers market and then to church and out to eat. So she did a very good job at keeping my mind off of mom leaving. Until the Sermon at church about people traveling and wishing them well and I started crying…and of course then it was time to great everyone in church and there I was crying. Oh well, it was a great service and I am looking forward to going back. They have a 20/30’s night going on September 11th that I might go to, to meet some people my age around here. We will have to see though. But depending on if I actually leave the place the rest of the day this might be my writing in for the day. Hope all is well everyone!! Take care!!

No comments: