So I actually celebrated my St. Patty's Day early. My best friend and her fiance came out here a week ago today to stay with us until Sunday. So it worked out perfectly for us to go the the big St Pattys Bash out here in the parking lot of the RFK stadium which used to be the baseball field for the Nationals, now they play soccer there I think! Anyway we got VIP tickets because you have to be 21 to be in there and you got free drinks and vip bathrooms, still porta potty's though!!
Anyway on Saturday at 12 we met up with our group to grab a bite to eat before we went to the party, which started at 1. We were in the gates around 1:15...and by 1:20, I was already on my way to the first aid tent...yes, i know, suprise suprise! My friend asked me if I wanted to run to the bathroom quick, I said YES!! well my shoes weren't tied so the 3rd stride in I face planted onto the black top! It was great, my hand got the grunt of it and well some how so did one of my ribs, well it might be two all I know is it hurts! I had to go to the first aid tent because my hand wouldn't quit bleeding and I wanted to start drinking ha ha!! No worries though I was the 2nd person to go there!! ha ha!!
So anyway from there on the night was pretty smooth. They only had gren beer for like 2 hours I think though!! The party was from 1-9 and at 7:45 Flogging Molly came on but at 7 all the beer was "gone"! not sure how ALL the beer was gone, I think they cut everyone off! Anyway at around 7 we lost my friends fiance in the crowd and his phone was OFF!! well dead!!! So for about and hour we were looking everywhere for him. He ended up borrowing some strangers phone so we could actually find him! Phew---it was scary!
Over all though it was a great time. The area for everything was huge. There were carnival rides and places to buy things, thank god because it was drizzling the whole day and about 45 so half way through my friends and I went and bought some hooded sweat shirts because I didn't wear a coat because it was nice when we left! but there were two big sections and the carnival was in the middle. I would say from end to end it was a good half my wide if not more!
They had 50 different bands there on 11 different stages the entire south side of the place was covered in porta pottys!! ha ha it was fun! I would have taken pictures but when I face planted, well my camera took alot of the grunt too and I couldn't really feel my hand. So I have some pictures and my friend has some others if there are any good ones I will post a couple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment